- J.D. Artz, V. Toader, S.I. Zavorin, B.M. Bennett and G.R.J. Thatcher. In vitro activation of soluble guanylyl cyclase and nitric oxide release: A comparison of NO-donors and NO-mimetics. Biochemistry. 40: 9256-9264, 2001.
- G.M. Petari, D.H. Maurice, B.M. Bennett, and S.A. Waldman. Cyclic nucleotides and protein phosphorylation in vascular smooth muscle relaxation. In Heart Physiology and Pathophysiology, 4th Edition. Edited by N. Sperelakis, Academic Press, San Diego pp. 805-828, 2001.
- J.N. Reynolds, B.M. Bennett, R.J. Boegman, K. Jhamandas, J.D. Ratz, S.I. Zavorin, D. Scutaru, and G.R.J. Thatcher. Neuroprotection against ischemic brain injury conferred by a novel nitrate ester. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 12: 2863-2866, 2002.
- J.D. Ratz, M.A. Adams and B.M. Bennett. Effect of in vivo nitrate tolerance on the hypersensitivity to NO-donors after NO-synthase blockade. Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 80: 1106-1118, 2002.
- Y. Ji and B.M. Bennett. Activation of microsomal glutathione S-transferase by peroxynitrite. Mol. Pharmacol. 63: 136-146, 2003.
- J. Difabio, Y. Ji, V. Vasiliou, G.R.J. Thatcher and B.M. Bennett. Role of mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase in nitrate tolerance. Mol. Pharmacol. 64: 1109-1116, 2003.
- G.R.J. Thatcher, B.M. Bennett, H.C. Dringenberg, and J.N. Reynolds. Novel nitrates as NO mimetics directed at Alzheimer's Disease. J. Alzheimer's Dis. 6:S75-84, 2004.
- Y. Ji, I. Neverova, J.E. Van Eyk and B.M. Bennett. Nitration of tyrosine 92 mediates the activation of rat microsomal glutathione S-transferase by peroxynitrite. J. Biol. Chem. 281: 1986-1991, 2006.
- J.D. MacPherson, T.D. Gillespie, H.A. Dunkerley, D.H. Maurice and B.M. Bennett. Inhibition of phosphodiesterase type 5 selectively reverses nitrate tolerance in the venous circulation. J. Pharmacol. Expt. Ther. 317: 188-195, 2006.
- B.M. Bennett, J.N. Reynolds, G.T. Prusky, R.M. Douglas, R.J. Sutherland, and G.R.J. Thatcher. Cognitive deficits in rats after forebrain cholinergic depletion are reversed by a novel NO mimetic nitrate ester. Neuropsychopharmacol. 32: 505-513,2007.
- L.S. Wilson, H.S. Elbatarny, S.W. Crawley, B.M. Bennett and D.H. Maurice. Compartmentation and compartment-specific regulation of phosphodiesterase 5 by protein kinase G allows selective cyclic GMP mediated regulation of platelet functions. Proc. Natl. Acad Sci. USA. 105:13650-13655, 2008.
- Y. Ji, D.J. Anderson and B.M. Bennett. Role of microsomal glutathione transferase 1 in the mechanism-based biotransformation of glyceryl trinitrate in LLC-PK1 cells. Biochem. Pharmacol. 77: 1702-1708, 2009.
- Y. D’Souza, S. Dowlatshahi and B.M. Bennett. Changes in aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 expression in rat blood vessels during glyceryl trinitrate tolerance development and reversal. Br. J. Pharmacol. 164: 632-643, 2011.
- Y. D’Souza, Y. Ji and B.M. Bennett. Effect of overexpression of human aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 in LLC-PK1 cells on glyceryl trinitrate biotransformation and cGMP accumulation. Br. J. Pharmacol. 168: 978-987, 2013.
L. VandeVrede, R. Abdelhamid, Z. Qin, J. Choi, S. Piyankarage, J. Luo, J. Larson, B.M.Bennett, and G.R. J. Thatcher. An NO donor approach to neuroprotective and procognitive estrogen therapy overcomes loss of NO synthase function and potentially thrombotic risk. PLoS 1 Aug 16;8(8):e70740, 2013.
Y. D’Souza, T.Kawamoto, and B.M. Bennett. Role of the lipid peroxidation product, 4-hydroxynonenal, in the in the development of nitrate tolerance. Chem Res Toxicol. 27: 663-673, 2014.
Y. D’Souza, A Elharram, R. Soon-Shiong, R.D. Andrew and B.M. Bennett. Characterization of Aldh2-/- mice as an age-related model of cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s Disease. Mol Brain, 8:27, 2015.