Eric B. Carstens, Ph.D.
- Emeritus Professor
- Office: Botterell Hall, Room 714
- Queen's University, Kingston
- K7L 3N6
- Telephone: (613) 533-2463
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSc - University of Alberta; Molecular genetics, cell biology, electron microscopy
MSc - University of Alberta; Biochemical studies on adenovirus infected cells. Supervisor - Dr. Ray G. Marusyk
PhD - Université de Sherbrooke; Genetic and biochemical analysis of adenovirus. Supervisor - Dr. Joe Weber
Post-doctoral Fellow - Institute for Genetics, Cologne, Germany. Biochemical analysis of adenovirus, molecular biology of baculovirus, with Dr. Walter Doerfler
Medical Research Coucil of Canada Development Grant Scholarship - Queen's U. - awarded for 1980 to 1990
Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship - awarded in 1987
- Sept. 1987 - Aug. 1988. Institute of Biochemistry, Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich, Germany.
- Aug. 1994 - July, 1995. Faculty of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany.
- Aug. 2001 - July 2002. Faculty of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany.
- Jan. – July 2009. March – April. Faculty of Biology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, Germany
- Jan. – July 2015. Julius Kühn Institute Institut für Biologischen Pflanzenschutz, Darmstadt, Germany
Life Member, International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses - elected in 2016
- Professor Emeritus - 2018
- Viral DNA replication
- Biochemical characterization of viral genes essential for viral DNA replication
- Regulation of genes required for DNA replication and transcription
Please note that I am no longer accepting new graduate students.
Last Modified: 2019-02-11